db designs uk ltd
Health and Safety Policy
db designs uk ltd is an organisation that places high value on maintaining an effective system of Health and Safety Management in all aspects of work. Its primary intent is to complete any given project while conscientiously adopting all reasonably practicable measures to avoid any risks to employees, operatives or others that may be affected by its actions or omissions. db designs uk ltd seeks to achieve these through co-operation with all those involved in a given task and the dedication of sufficient resources to any task to permit it to be carried out safely and with minimal risk to those involved. This statement is a formal declaration of db designs uk ltd’s intent to implement the policies described.
The Managing Director has the responsibility for ensuring that that the above intentions are acted upon and the Policy is implemented in the planning, execution and day-to-day running of all projects. db designs uk ltd will implement all procedures in accordance with all relevant statutory instruments and regulations, and fulfil any duties placed upon it by such laws. All employees and sub-contractors are expected to adopt a similar perspective on Health and Safety and will be expected to behave in such a manner that takes reasonable care of their Health and Safety and anyone else’s who is affected by their actions or omissions. Furthermore, employees of db designs uk ltd will be provided with training to ensure the safe execution of all their duties.
db designs uk ltd will endeavour to ensure that all potential Risks are foreseen and, as far as is reasonably practicable, controlled. Attainment of this goal will be reached through a diligent process of Risk Assessment and implementation of identified control measures.
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our Clients, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and all business associates, to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
The effectiveness of the Health and Safety Policy is entirely dependent on those upon
whom it falls on to implement.
The central responsibility for Health and Safety lies with the Managing Director. He is
responsible for ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy is being effectively
implemented and that all necessary parties are aware of what measures are in place, and
what responsibilities are placed upon them with regard to Health, Safety & Welfare.
It will be the responsibility of the appointed Site Manager to ensure that all sub-
contractors, labour only contractors and any other relevant parties (public, visitors etc.)
are aware of policy and procedures when work is being carried out on site during a
Every Individual has a duty to carry out his work in such a way that will not present any
danger to himself or others whilst carrying out any activities in the workplace and co-operate
with others with regard to discharging their duties, all in accordance with any safety procedures.
db designs uk ltd trading address is:
Unit 3-4a Courtlands
db designs uk ltd carry out construction works. The company primarily carries out refurbishment projects, extensions and loft conversions. For many of these projects the company will often act as Principal Contractor under the CDM Regulations. All site works are carried out at the contract location and the administrate centre for the company are the offices at Unit 3-4a Courtlands. The management chart below shows the general structure of the company, with the permanently employed staff, although most site roles are fulfilled on an ad hoc basis, depending on the requirements of the project.
Implementation of the Policy
At the planning stage, full account will be taken of those factors that help to eliminate injury, damage and waste, and decisions about other priorities (e.g. programme and profit) are to take proper account of health and safety requirements. Sufficient time and resources will be allocated to ensure the Health and Safety Policy can be effectively implemented. This will allow for initial implementation of procedures and regular reviews of the systems in place, including hazard identification and Risk Assessments, to ensure that safe practices are being adopted, and that they are always relevant and sufficient for the dangers faced at any one time by operatives or anyone affected by db designs ltd’s actions or omissions. Reviews of the policy will take place annually as a minimum, or whenever it is felt there is a change in the Health and Safety requirements. Amendments to the Policy will be noted in the “Record of
Managing Director – Brian Baker,
Site Managers – Andy Barker | Kevin Newman-Knott | Gary Winson,
Sub – Contractors Contracted
Admin Department – Sandra Rees
Section 3: Organisation & Responsibilities
Complete awareness of company Health & Safety Policy. Particular attention will be taken to ensuring that the correct procedures are in place in order to ensure compliance with all the appropriate legislation and regulations with regard to Health and Safety. Environmental issues will also be considered and suitably addressed. Any new members of staff will be shown the Health and Safety Policy at the
commencement of their contract and the various sections will be explained to them. A copy of the Health and Safety Policy will always be available for reference upon request. Responsibility and accountability in relation to the prevention of accidents, ill health,
injuries and damage is to be specified clearly and in writing. Facilities for joint consultation on matters of safety, health and welfare will be available through the Company. The agreements reached through these consultations will be taken into account when the policy is reviewed, and periodically as required.
Managing Director has the responsibility for:
- The overall implementation of the Health and Safety Policy and ensuring that db designs uk ltd fulfils its legal responsibilities.
- Ensuring that db designs uk ltd is adequately resourced financially and allows suitable provision of time for the implementation of the policy.
- Ensuring that all foreseeable risks have been identified and planned for and that the appropriate control measures to mitigate these have been put into place.
- Ensuring that everyone is aware of what responsibilities they have, and particularly which sections of the Health and Safety Policy it is their duty to implement.
- Ensuring that everyone employed by db designs uk ltd is provided with, or
already has any necessary training and continuous professional development and training is always encouraged.
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy and the awareness of all those employed remains up to date with all current legislation and regulations.
- The continuing monitoring and annual review of the policy.
- Ensuring all the necessary notifications are made to the HSE or any other institution.
- Ensuring that all projects are carried out in accordance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and other appropriate legislation and all the correct measures and documentation are in place before any work begins
on site. This includes co-operating with all members of the design and construction team during a project.
- Setting a personal example when visiting sites by complying with all the Health and Safety legislation and wearing all the necessary PPE and taking all the safety precautions necessary.
- Employing a Health & Safety Advisor to assist with and/or explain any Health &
Safety issues or legislation that are not understood, to ensure that db designs uk
ltd are never in a position of ignorance with regard to their duties.